Monday, September 19, 2011

PASSENGER - chapter1/episode 1





Quick Recap:


I have to admit that I have a fascination with angels and demons and the lowly human beings caught in the middle of heaven and hell. It's most likely why I've attached myself to PASSENGER.

I've often wondered about the existence of angels that I once thought I could aspire to be one, specifically Gabriel. I was a kid, what can I say?

The idea of an angel as a servant of God, acting out God's will as a weapon, sword, and ultimately a  hitman is what lured me to this show.

The show begins with ominous music, we see an injured barking dog in the desert. Cut to Michael on his knees in what looks like a ghost town. What stands out the most in this scene are the white drapes hanging shredded, looking like clawed angel's wings.

A guy in a hoodie raises his sword over our angel, although we never actually see the sword make physical contact. The very next scene is of pieces of floating debris which look like red, dipped feathers blowing in the wind.













All of this seems like a dream. The show then introduces Michael: alone, contemplative, and abandoned in a tight and austere motel. He has his sword and guitar as company.

We then see Michael cruise down a dusty road in a red jeep using his cell phone. It's a text message. The creature on the other end must be his guide or helper.

Cut to a tiny bar with eye catching graffiti art. Two guys are playing pool. They're gritty and disgusting. Enter Michael's contact who scopes out the bad guys in the form of a sexy young woman.


The Review:

I'm really fascinated with this concept. The cinematography is beautiful. The creator, Al Galvez, knows exactly what he wants and how to achieve it visually. I love how Michael's thoughts are used as narrative. It's all very poetic and surreal.


Favorite lines:


~The primeval enemy and slayer of man has taken courage, transformed into an angel of light who wanders among us.

~It ain't really a trick shot if'en you tell me you goin' to do a trick shot.





I know this review is short, but there is more to come. I'm very excited about this show and I hope to have more reviews up soon.



Louisa Hinmon





Catch up on the show and watch the episodes HERE.








This article is a reflection of the opinions of the author.
PASSENGER is the property of Space Cadette Entertainment and Al Galvez. 
No copyright infringement is intended. All photos are property of Space Cadette Entertainment.
This is a fan blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment